About the Contest:
The WeLovefine team is in desperate need of your help. We need YOU to draw some amazing designs to be part of this year's Star Wars Design Contest. You're our only hope!
For over thirty years, Star Wars™ continues to appeal to multiple generations of the fandom. We have had 2 contests already for Star Wars™ and are excited to bring in another. This time around, not only will you be eligible to win up to $2,000.00 cash prize, BUT your design will be made into an official licensed Lucasfilm tee-shirt design on Welovefine!
Submit your designs NOW for your chance to win!
CLARE GRANT & SETH GREEN: Bio Pending
STARWARS.COM: Lucasfilm’s official site for a galaxy far, far away, featuring daily blog posts, exclusive news, and original videos. StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
THEFORCE.NET: TheForce.Net is a Star Wars news website covering every aspect of the galaxy far, far away. It features news about and reviews of Star Wars movies, television shows, literature, and games, as well as stories about the fan community. TFN is also home to the Jedi Council Forums, the largest Star Wars message board on the Internet.
HOT TOPIC: It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores filled the malls, but there wasn't a cool music-inspired accessory store for both guys and girls. Then came Hot Topic. As 1990 rolled around, adding apparel seemed like a no-brainer. What better way than to add the ultimate music fan essential - band tees. Imagine how our customers flipped when they were able to get Bauhaus, The Cure, TSOL, and Depeche Mode T-shirts at Hot Topic. Within a year, we had about 50 different band titles, along with rock-inspired clothing lines like Lip Service and Serious. As we expanded, we discovered that customers were equally drawn to the underground cartoon, cult movie, and comic book scenes. It was a unique culture fans could call their own, so we brought the world of South Park, Care Bears, Superman, SpongeBob and tons of other pop icons into our Hot Topic stores.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Don't: Try not to use the "Star Wars™" logo. When creating your design imagine its part of the Star Wars world.
2. Do: Use any other logos that can be found in game. Please, however, do note that if it's a fairly simple logo, make sure that we do not already have it on the website.
3. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning.
4. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
5. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials. This contest is to submit art designs to be officially licensed. If it is too obscene or mixes 3rd party, or copyrighted materials, it will NOT be approved.
FAQ - To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: You may submit up to 5 entries per person
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help determine what the fans really want as your winners! So please promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We sometimes reject designs for obvious reasons. If you’ve done any of the following don’t even bother asking why your design was rejected.
- Your design has inappropriate materials.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. NO MASH UPS!!!
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.