ABOUT THE CONTEST
This next test is part of the initiative of WeLoveFine.com, in conjunction with Aperture Science Computer Aided Enrichment Center to determine how well test subjects can devise a design on the subject of the PORTAL program. Test subjects should utilize their skills and imagination to devise the most creative and visually appealing solution to the challenge of creating a design which might, utilizing the parlance of younger test subjects, be deemed "awesome." Should a test subject complete this test demonstrating a high level of aptitude and, as one might say, "awesomeness", they may be rewarded with a grand prize of a prize package including a trip to Boston, MA for the PAX East Convention 2014, or other prizes if selected as the runner ups.
We are always overwhelmed by the number of design submissions we get from fans all over the world so we would like to reward our fans for your dedication and love.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Don't: Use Valve or Portal logos. When creating your design imagine its part of the Portal 2 world.
2. Do: Use Aperture logos and any other logs that can be found in game.
3. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning.
4. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
5. Don't use any copyrighted or inappropriate materials.
6. Do: Send art prints! We are now accepting art print submissions, not just tees!
FAQ - To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: The submission kit is not downloading. I need help!
A: Please email [email protected]. We should be able to send you one directly.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: You may submit up to 5 entries per person
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help determine what the fans really want as your winners! So please promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We sometimes reject designs for obvious reasons. If you’ve done any of the following don’t even bother asking why your design was rejected.
- Your design has inappropriate materials.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. NO MASH UPS!!!
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.