About the Contest:
WeLoveFine is teaming up with Hasbro and Abrams on a book all about the art of My Little Pony, and it’s inspired our newest My Little Pony Design Contest! This time, not only will the winning designs become official My Little Pony tee-shirts but the GRAND PRIZE winner will be featured in the "My Little Pony: The Art of Equestria" book coming out later this year! Show us designs featuring your favorite team ups within the My Little Pony universe and you could be the winner and have your art featured in the book!
SAMANTHA WEINER: Samantha is an Associate Editor at Abrams (www.abramsbooks.com), a company dedicated to publishing visually stunning illustrated books on the subjects of art, architecture, photography, graphic design, interior and garden design, fashion, comic arts and graphic novels, sports, and general interest. She has been the editor of such books as Bun B's Rap Coloring and Activity Book, Orange Is the New Black Presents: The Cookbook, and Daily Dishonesty, among others, as well as the forthcoming My Little Pony: The Art of Equestria.
TARA STRONG: Tara is a prolific voice actress; she is perhaps best known as the voice of Twilight Sparkle in My Little Pony. However she has also voiced such favorites as Dil Pickles in Rugrats and Bubbles in The Powerpuff Girls as well as many more, including the English translations of such acclaimed films as Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Her on-screen appearances include 3rd Rock From the Sun, Party of Five, Touched By an Angel, and According to Jim. Her Twitter is @tarastrong.
HOT TOPIC: It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores filled the malls, but there wasn't a cool music-inspiredaccessory store for both guys and girls.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
2. Do: Make stylized art! Get inspiration from My Little Pony!
3. Do: Make sure your designs include your favorite My Little Pony characters in a "Team-up!" Show what Team-Up means to you!
4. Do: Have fun and be creative!
5. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning rather than help it.
6. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials.
7. Don't: Use any original artwork from My Little Pony as a part of your design, Don't use anyone else artwork. The design must be your own.
FAQ - Full Contest FAQ CLICK HERE
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: You may submit up to 5 entries per person
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help determine what the fans really want as your winners! So please promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We sometimes reject designs for obvious reasons. If you’ve done any of the following don’t even bother asking why your design was rejected.
- Your design has inappropriate materials.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. NO MASH UPS!
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Grand Prize (1): One (1) winner will receive a Grand Prize of One Thousand Dollars ($1000.00) cash and have their design be published in the “My Little Pony: Art of Equestria” book. They will receive a copy of the book ($30 value) and have their design sold on official My Little Pony Tee-Shirts.
Guest Judges Pick (2): Two (2) winners will each receive a Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) Cash Prize. They will receive a copy of the “My Little Pony: Art of Equestria” book ($30 value) and have their design sold on official My Little Pony Tee-Shirts
Hot Topic’s Pick (1): Hot Topic will select one (1) winner to receive Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) Cash Prize. They will receive a copy of the“My Little Pony: Art of Equestria” book ($30 value) and have their design sold on official My Little Pony Tee-Shirts
Runners Up (2): Two (2) runners up will receive Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) Cash Prize. They will receive a copy of the “My Little Pony: Art of Equestria” book ($30 value) and have their design sold on official My Little Pony Tee-Shirts
Highest Rated Designs: The four (4) highest rated designs not selected for cash prizes will each receive a copy of the “My Little Pony: Art of Equestria” book ($30 value)
TOTAL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES: Two Thousand Six Hundred Dollars ($2600)