WE WANT YOUR CREATIVE AND UNIQUE DESIGNS!
Get ready for our first ever Evolve Fan Design Contest! We're looking for the best tee-shirt designs on earth and to the far arm of space. Be inspired by the game and show us your own original and inventive designs based on the world of Evolve. If you're ready to battle this monster of a contest, pick up your trusty arting tools and show us your creativity! The Grand Prize winner will win a trip to Seattle, WA to attend PAX Prime!
SUBMISSION PERIOD ENDS at 11:59pm PST on 4/14/2015
About the Judges:
PHIL ROBB from TURTLE ROCK STUDIOS: Phil Robb is a 20 year veteran of the games industry and co-founder of Turtle Rock Studios. He has worked on numerous titles including Counterstrike, Left 4 Dead, and Turtle Rock Studios' latest project, Evolve. Phil's wardrobe consists almost solely of t-shirts and cargo pants, so he could barely contain his enthusiasm for this contest and is very excited to see some great new designs to shove in his closet.
HOT TOPIC: It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores filled the malls, but there wasn't a cool music-inspiredaccessory store for both guys and girls. Then came Hot Topic. We brought the world of pop icons into our Hot Topic stores.
THINKGEEK: ThinkGeek started as an idea to create and sell stuff that would appeal to the thousands of people out there who were on the front line as the Internet was forged and to serve a market that was passionate about technology and Internet culture.
ERIQUE from DIAMOND COMICS: Erique is the Brand Manager for Apparel, Collectibles and Novelties for Diamond Comic Distributors’ Previews catalog. Alifelong pop culture dork, there’s no aspect of comic books, toys, film or television merchandising that he doesn’t run down like a lion after a gazelle.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
2. Do: Make stylized art! Get inspired by Evolve!
3. Do: Have fun and be creative!
4. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning rather than help it.
5. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials. This contest is to submit art designs to be officially licensed. If it is too obscene or mixes 3rd party, or copyrighted materials, it will NOT be approved.
6. Don't: Use any original artwork from Evolve as a part of your design. All design should be your own creation.
FAQ - To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: What are the three "Additional Design Images" for?
A: One upload should be JUST the design itself so we can see it clearly. The other images, if you choose to upload them, can be other images of your design. Please remember that each design should be its OWN submission so don't use them to upload multiple designs.
Q: I'm having trouble uploading my images for my submission. What's going on?
A: Please make sure that each image is exactly 1000x1000px JPG, GIF or PNG and each image MUST be under 2MB.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: For most contests you can submit up to 10 designs unless otherwise stated.
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We recommend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: YES!! We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help us determine what the fans really want as winners! So please feel free to promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We will make every attempt to review submissions within 2 business days. Please know, if you’ve done any of the following we will not accept the design into the contest and you may not be notified.
- Your design has inappropriate materials or elements.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. No mash ups!
-You've used a design created by someone else as your own.
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Grand Prize Winner (1) will receive: A trip to PAX Prime in Seattle, WA! The trip will include:
- One round trip airfare (limited to US domestic flights only)
- Two nights of lodging
- Two day badge for PAX Prime
Hot Topic Pick (1): One (1) Hot Topic Pick will win $300 and will be sold exclusively at Hot Topic
ThinkGeek Pick (1): One (1) ThinkGeek Pick will win $300 and will be sold exclusively at ThinkGeek
Diamond Comics Pick (1): One (1) Diamond Comic Pick will win $300 and will be sold exclusively at Diamond Comics
Guest Judges' picks (1): One (1) Our guest judge will each select their personal favorite design, and that artists will win $300 cash!
Runner-Up (3): three (3) runners-up will receive $200 cash!