About the Contest:
This year, D&D is pitting heroes everywhere against hordes of evil dragons led by the 5-headed queen of dragons, Tiamat.
Use your t-shirt design skills to participate in the Tyranny of Dragons adventure that fuels Dungeons & Dragons in 2014! Enter and you can win up to $1000.00 in cash! We're looking for the most creative, artistic, adventurous D&D tee-shirt artwork for our design contest - be bad-ass, be funny, be whatever you like, just be AWESOME! Let the games begin! We are proud to carry D&D as one of our licenses and after our first successful D&D tee-shirt design contest, we're excited to bring it back for 2014.
About the Judges:
SPENCER CRITTENDEN: Spencer Crittenden is known for his work on Community, Harmontown and Cult.
SCOTT KURTZ: Scott Kurtz is an Eisner and Harvey award-winning cartoonist living in Seattle, Washington. He helped pioneer webcomics with his daily feature, PvP which debuted in May of 1998. Since then Scott has co-authored a book on making webcomics, co-created and produced several animated web-series and launched a second ongoing webcomic, Table Titans.
R.A. SALVATORE: R.A. Salvatore is the New York Times best-selling author of The Legend of Drizzt, one of the most successful fantasy series of all time. He lives in Massachusetts, but is a loyal citizen of Red Sox Nation. Find him on Facebook, and at his own web site, rasalvatore.com.
MORGAN WEBB: Morgan Webb is a gamer who sometimes talks about video games on TV and on Teh Internets. Most of the time, however, she is very busy "working" by "testing" out the latest games - professional work she has been engaged in since childhood.
James Parker From ThinkGeek.com: James Parker is the Buyer Monkey for Mens Apparel, Books and Games at ThinkGeek.com. A Geek of all trades, he keeps entertained...er...informed of current trends with Comics,Video Games, Table Top Games, Books, Movies, Music and more.
Do's & Don'ts
1. Don't: Try not to use the D&D logo. We want to keep this within the Dungeons and Dragons Universe, so let's submit designs that would be within that universe =)
2. Do: Use logos that can be found within the series!
3. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning.
4. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
5. Don't use any copyrighted or inappropriate materials. They will NOT get approved.
6. Don't: Submit images or pictures from the show. Please create your own art! Please also DO NOT CREATE your own characters for this property. Only Characters from within the property are allowed.
7. Do: Ask questions!! But please review our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) first BEFORE you email. Most likely, your question can be immediately answered through there instead.
FAQ - To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: I want to read the full set of rules and guidelines before I start drawing or submitting. Where can I get that?
A: Please go to "Submit Your Design". At the bottom of that page, there will be a hyperlink in Teal and bolded labeled as TOS. Click that for the FULL SET of rules. We highly advise contestants to read through that BEFORE they submit. =)
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: You may submit up to 5 entries per person
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help determine what the fans really want as your winners! So please promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We sometimes reject designs for obvious reasons. If you’ve done any of the following don’t even bother asking why your design was rejected.
- Your design has inappropriate materials.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. NO MASH UPS!!!
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Q: I need help with my design / I entered in something incorrect / I pushed submit too fast / etc, can you help me?
A: YES!!! But before you email us at [email protected], please have the below info ready. We have multiple contests going on at once, and it's hard to help you when all you say is "I need help on my entry". Please advise: NAME OF CONTEST / NAME OF YOUR DESIGN / NAME OR EMAIL IT WAS SUBMITTED UNDER when emailing us. That will greatly help. Please also detail what you need, and I can correct for you. Without the information above, it is not helpful to us to help you out. Right?
Now go on and create those beautiful designs! We can't wait to see them =)