About The Contest:
To celebrate the announcement of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, WeLoveFine is proud to announce that we are opening the vault on the first ever Borderlands Community Design Contest! We know... It feels like you've been waiting 200 years for this. But the time has finally arrived! Show us your best designs for tee-shirts, apparel, art prints, plush and vinyl for Borderlands, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. The Grand Prize winner will win a trip to Dallas to visit and tour the Gearbox software HQ!
About the Judges:
Mel / WindOfTheStars: Mel, aka WindoftheStars, is an internationally know costumer who has been cosplaying for 10+ years and has created over 90 costumes, many of which have won awards. She also has been hunting vaults, raiding loot chests and burning bandits to crisp since 2009.
DeAnna Davis/It's Raining Neon: Cosplayer, internet personality, Media Arts and Animation major, designer, photographer, shenanigan encourager, and Borderlands enthusiast! Facebook. Twitter. Instagram.
HOT TOPIC: It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores filled the malls, but there wasn't a cool music-inspiredaccessory store for both guys and girls. Then came Hot Topic. We brought the world of pop icons into our Hot Topic stores.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
2. Do: Make stylized art! get inspiration from the games!
3. Do: Use logos or icons that can be found in the games. Please, however, do note that if it's a fairly simple or generic logo, make sure that we do not already have it on the website.
4. Do: Have fun and be creative!
5. Don't: Use the "Borderlands" logo. When creating your design imagine it’s a part or within the Borderlands Universe.
6. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning rather than help it.
7. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials. This contest is to submit art designs to be officially licensed. If it is too obscene or mixes 3rd party, or copyrighted materials, it will NOT be approved.
9. Don't: DO NOT CROSS reference other licenses with Borderlands. Also, do not add the creator(s), voice actors, celebrities within your design.
10. Don't: Use any original artwork from Borderlands as a part of your design
FAQ - To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: You may submit up to 5 entries per person
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We reccomend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help determine what the fans really want as your winners! So please promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We sometimes reject designs for obvious reasons. If you’ve done any of the following don’t even bother asking why your design was rejected.
- Your design has inappropriate materials.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. NO MASH UPS!!!
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Grand Prize (1): Grand Prize Winner win a trip to Dallas, TX to visit the Gearbox software HQ. The trip includes:
- One round trip domestic flight
- Two nights lodging
- A visit to Gearbox Software HQ
PLUS a signed copy of the game and a messanger bag.
2nd Place (1): One (1) Second Place winner will win $300 cash!
Hot Topic Pick (1): One (1) Hot Topic Pick will win $300 and will be sold exclusively at Hot Topic PLUS a signed copy of the game and a messanger bag.
Guest Judges' picks (2): Two (2) Our guest judges will each select their personal favorite design, and those artists will win $300 cash PLUS a signed copy of the game and a messanger bag!
Runner-Up (2): Two (2) runners-up will receive $200 cash!