About The Contest
About the Contest
Are you dudes and babes ready for the most non-non-non-non-non heinous contest ever? We want to lay our eyes on your most bodacious designs featuring the world’s most excellent time-traveling, guitar-shredding duo, Bill. S. Preston Esq. and Ted Theodore Logan. The most triumphant design will win a most outstanding prize… $800.00 cash! (stellar guitar solo) Remember… Be excellent to each other… and party on, dudes! And get to creating that most unrivaled art!
Dudes, get your inspiration from both "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" and "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey"! STATION!
ABOUT OUR GUEST JUDGES
Alex Winter: Alex began his career as a child actor and went on to have starring roles in several feature films, including starring as Bill S. Preston Esq. in 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure' and its sequel 'Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey', as well as starring in 'The Lost Boys' and others. Alex is now a film and TV Director. He has directed ‘Downloaded’, ‘Fever’, ‘Freaked’, and his most recent documentary about the Silk Road called ‘Deep Web’.
Ian Brill: Ian Brill is a very serious comic book editor. He edits Bill & Ted's Most Triumphant Return, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape From New York, RoboCop and many other books for BOOM! Studios. Basically, his life is a non-stop midnight movie marathon. He has not slept since 2008. He loves you.
Alex Galer: In Alex's youth he was often asked: "What do you want to be when you grow up?" His answer – "a superhero" – never changed. Unfortunately, life didn't offer the radioactive mutations he’d hoped for so instead, he fell in love...with comics. At the age of ten, he read his first X-Men issues and never looked back. In college, he interned with various publishers, finally finding a home at BOOM! Studios. Never one to shy away from a debate about the brilliance of the Buffy spin-off Angel or why certain sequels (like House 2: The Second Story) are forgotten classics, this lad works to bring the best comics into being.
Scott Kroopf: Scott has produced; executive produced and supervised more than 80 productions over the course of his career. Kroopf produced and/or supervised such films as "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure," "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey," "Jumanji," and "Cocktail," just to name a few. Currently Scott Kroopf oversees all development and production activities for Evergreen Studios.
How To Enter
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
2. Do: Make stylized art! Get inspiration from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" and "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey"!
3. Do: Have fun and be creative!
4. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning rather than help it.
5. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials. This contest is to submit art designs to be officially licensed. If it is too obscene or mixes 3rd party, or copyrighted materials, it will NOT be approved.
6. Don't: Use any original artwork from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" or "Bill and Ted'd Bogus Journey" as a part of your design. The design must be 100% your original artwork.
FAQ - To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: What are the three "Additional Design Images" for?
A: One upload should be JUST the design itself so we can see it clearly. The other images, if you choose to upload them, can be other images of your design. Please remember that each design should be its OWN submission so don’t use them to upload multiple designs.
Q: I'm having trouble uploading my images for my submission. What's going on?
A: Please make sure that each image is exactly 1000x1000px JPG, GIF or PNG and each image MUST be under 2MB.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: For most contests you can submit up to 10 designs unless otherwise stated.
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We recommend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: YES!! We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help us determine what the fans really want as winners! So please feel free to promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We will make every attempt to review submissions within 2 business days. Please know, if you’ve done any of the following we will not accept the design into the contest and you may not be notified.
- Your design has inappropriate materials or elements.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. No mash ups!
-You've used a design created by someone else as your own.
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure characters and images ™ & © 1989, 2014 Creative Licensing Corporation.
All Rights Reserved
Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey characters and images ™ & © 1989, 2014 Creative Licensing Corporation.
All Rights Reserved