About The Contest
About the Contest:
They are the Crystals Gems. They’re here to judge our contest. And you think they can’t, they’re sure to find a way! Better than fry bits, the Big Donut, and Cookie Cat combined, WeLoveFine and Cartoon Network are excited to announce the second STEVEN UNIVERSE DESIGN CONTEST, judged by the voice talents of Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst AND STEVEN!
It’s time to take your art supplies out of your Cheeseburger Backpack, warp to your creative space, and show us your out of this world Steven Universe Designs. The contest is open to all characters seen in the Cartoon Network show, including fusions, background characters, Homeworld Gems, and of course the main cast, but OCs and Gemsonas will not be accepted as contest submissions.
SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL 11:59PM PST ON 10/16/2015
RATINGS OPEN FROM 10/06/2015 UNTIL 11:59PM PST on 11/03/2015
About the Judges:
Zach Callison: Zach Callison is an American voice, television, and film actor. He voices Steven Universe and Onion in "Steven Universe", voiced King Tut in the 2014 Dreamworks Animation film Mr. Peabody & Sherman, and also does other acting and voicing roles. He also provided several roles for Disney, including Prince James in Sofia the First.
Estelle: Estelle is a British singer-songwriter, rapper, producer and Grammy Award winner from West London, England. She is also the voice of Garnet on Steven Universe!
DeeDee Magno-Hall: Deedee is an American actress, singer, and a former member of a pop group called The Party. She voices Pearl, Holo-Pearl, the daughter in Li'l Butler, and Hopper in Steven Universe.
Michaela Dietz: Michaela Dietz is an American voice actor and comedian. She voices Amethyst on Steven Universe and has contributed to several other projects including Barney and Friends and Grand Theft Auto V.
Hot Topic: It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores filled the malls, but there wasn't a cool music-inspiredaccessory store for both guys and girls. Then came Hot Topic. We brought the world of pop icons into our Hot Topic stores.
How To Enter
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
2. Do: Make stylized art! Get inspiration from Steven Universe!
3. Do: Use logos or icons that can be found in the show. Please, however, do note that if it's a fairly simple or generic logo, make sure that we do not already have it on the website.
4. Do: Have fun and be creative!
5. Don't: Use the Steven Universe Logo or Cartoon Network's Logo. When creating your design imagine its part of the Steven Universe world.
6. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning rather than help it.
7. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials. This contest is to submit art designs to be officially licensed. If it is too obscene or mixes 3rd party, or copyrighted materials, it will NOT be approved.
8. Don't: Submit images or pictures from the show. Please create your own art!
9: Don't: Create your own characters for the show. Only Characters from within the show are allowed.
To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: What are the three "Additional Design Images" for?
A: One upload should be JUST the design itself so we can see it clearly. The other images, if you choose to upload them, can be other images of your design. Please remember that each design should be its OWN submission so don't use them to upload multiple designs.
Q: I'm having trouble uploading my images for my submission. What's going on?
A: Please make sure that each image is exactly 1000x1000px JPG, GIF or PNG and each image MUST be under 2MB.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: For most contests you can submit up to 10 designs unless otherwise stated.
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We recommend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: YES!! We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help us determine what the fans really want as winners! So please feel free to promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We will make every attempt to review submissions within 2 business days. Please know, if you’ve done any of the following we will not accept the design into the contest and you may not be notified.
- Your design has inappropriate materials or elements.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. No mash ups!
-You've used a design created by someone else as your own.
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Grand Prize (1): One (1) winner will receive a Grand Prize of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) cash prize.
Guest Judge’s Prize (4): Four (4) winners will each receive Four Hundred Dollars ($400.00) cash prize!
Hot Topic's Prize (1): One (1) winner will receive Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) cash prize!
Runners Up Prize (2): Two (2) winners will each receive Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) cash prize!