WeLoveFine is proud to present our first ever StarCraft Design Contest! We want to see your most unique and creative t-shirt and mousepad designs inspired by the wold of StarCraft. The Grand Prize winner will receive $1000 CASH, plus a chance for more cash and prizes!
**THE WINNERS DATE HAS BEEN MOVED TO EARLY JUNE. PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO SOON**
ABOUT THE JUDGES
StarCraft II Dev Team: The Development Team for StarCraft II
HOT TOPIC: It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores filled the malls, but there wasn't a cool music-inspiredaccessory store for both guys and girls. Then came Hot Topic. We brought the world of pop icons into our Hot Topic stores.
ERIQUE WATSON from DIAMOND COMICS: Erique is the Brand Manager for Apparel, Collectibles and Novelties for Diamond Comic Distributors’ Previews catalog. A lifelong pop culture dork, there’s no aspect of comic books, toys, film or television merchandising that he doesn’t run down like a lion after a gazelle.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
2. Do: Make stylized art! Get inspiration by StarCraft II!
3. Do: Have fun and be creative!
4. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning rather than help it.
5. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials. This contest is to submit art designs to be officially licensed. If it is too obscene or mixes 3rd party, or copyrighted materials, it will NOT be approved.
6. Don't: Use any original artwork from StarCraft II as a part of your design. All design should be your own creation.
To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: The submission kit is not downloading. I need help!
Q: What are the three "Additional Design Images" for?
A: One upload should be JUST the design itself so we can see it clearly. The other images, if you choose to upload them, can be other images of your design. Please remember that each design should be its OWN submission so don't use them to upload multiple designs.
Q: I'm having trouble uploading my images for my submission. What's going on?
A: Please make sure that each image is exactly 1000x1000px JPG, GIF or PNG and each image MUST be under 2MB.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: For most contests you can submit up to 10 designs unless otherwise stated.
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We recommend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: YES!! We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help us determine what the fans really want as winners! So please feel free to promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We will make every attempt to review submissions within 2 business days. Please know, if you’ve done any of the following we will not accept the design into the contest and you may not be notified.
- Your design has inappropriate materials or elements.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. No mash ups!
-You've used a design created by someone else as your own.
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) cash.
Judges Pick (3): Three (3) Judges Pick winners will each receive Three Hundred Dollars ($300) cash.
Diamond Comic’s Pick (1): One (1) winner selected by Diamond Comics will receive Three Hundred Dollars ($300) cash.
Hot Topic’s Pick (1): One (1) winner selected by Hot Topic will receive Three Hundred Dollars ($300) cash.
Runner Up (1): One (1) Runner Up will receive One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150) cash.