WeLoveFine is proud to announce our first ever Design Contest with Sanrio. Show us your best tee-shirt designs featuring Hello Kitty, My Melody and Little Twin Stars! You could win $800 or other great cash prizes!
Submissions accepted until 11:59pm PST on October 8, 2015
ABOUT THE JUDGES
Sanrio: Sanrio is the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty, who recently celebrated her 40th Anniversary. Home to many endearing characters including Chococat, My Melody, Badtz-Maru and Keroppi, Sanrio was founded on the ‘small gift, big smile®’ philosophy – that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. Since 1960, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique products and experiences.
JapanLA: JapanLA is a unique retail shop that caters to adults who love “kawaii” or “cute” character goods. We carry toys, gifts, apparel, accessories, art, and more, all inspired by Japanese and Los Angeles Pop Culture.
Hot Topic: It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores filled the malls, but there wasn't a cool music-inspiredaccessory store for both guys and girls. Then came Hot Topic. We brought the world of pop icons into our Hot Topic stores.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
2. Do: Make stylized art!
3. Do: Have fun and be creative!
4. Do: Use the characters: Hello Kitty, My Melody and Little Twin Stars. You can use some or all of them as you wish! Little Twin Stars, Kiki and Lala, are a team - don't split them up!
5. Do: Visit Sanrio.com to learn more about the characters: Hello Kitty, My Melody and Little Twin Stars!
6. Don't: Use the "Sanrio" logo.
7. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning rather than help it.
8. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials. If it is too obscene or mixes 3rd party, or copyrighted materials, it will NOT be approved.
To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: The submission kit is not downloading. I need help!
Q: What are the three "Additional Design Images" for?
A: One upload should be JUST the design itself so we can see it clearly. The other images, if you choose to upload them, can be other images of your design. Please remember that each design should be its OWN submission so don't use them to upload multiple designs.
Q: I'm having trouble uploading my images for my submission. What's going on?
A: Please make sure that each image is exactly 1000x1000px JPG, GIF or PNG and each image MUST be under 2MB.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: For most contests you can submit up to 10 designs unless otherwise stated.
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We recommend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: YES!! We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help us determine what the fans really want as winners! So please feel free to promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We will make every attempt to review submissions within 2 business days. Please know, if you’ve done any of the following we will not accept the design into the contest and you may not be notified.
- Your design has inappropriate materials or elements.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. No mash ups!
-You've used a design created by someone else as your own.
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Grand Prize Winner(1): One (1) Winner will win eight hundred dollars ($800.00) in cash.
Judges Pick Winners (3): Three (3) Judges Pick winners will be chosen and will receive three hundred dollars ($300.00) in the form of cash plus one design may be selected to be sold exclusively at Sanrio.com
JapanLA's Pick Winner: One (1) winners will be chosen and will receive two hundred dollars (USD$200.00) in cash plus the opportunity for the designs picked to be available for sale at JapanLA.
Hot Topic's Pick Winner: One (1) winners will be chosen and will receive two hundred dollars (USD$200.00) in cash plus the opportunity for the designs picked to be available for sale at Hot Topic.
Runners-Up (2): Two (2) Runners-Up will be chosen and will receive one hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00) in cash.