ABOUT THE CONTEST
You find yourself in a quandry. Your love of Homestuck and artistic abilities have provided you with endless amounts of fanart, but as of yet, no way to earn boondollars on said artwork. Enter WeLoveFine, in conjunction with Andrew Hussie and What Pumpkin?. Now all your brilliant ideas for Homestuck can become real things! Enter and you can win up to $1200 for the Grand Prize!
Submissions accepted until 11:59pm PST on 8/4/2015
ANDREW HUSSIE: Creator of Homestuck
WHAT PUMPKIN?: What Pumpkin designs and develops Homestuck-related multimedia entertainment, video games, books, and merchandise. There is no pumpkin, and never was.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there. Get inspired by Homestuck!
2. Do: Read through the rules and regulations PRIOR to making your design. We wouldn't want you to spend hours (or days!) making your beautiful design only to find out that it goes against the rules.
3. Don't: use any copyrighted or inappropriate materials.
4. Don't: Take screencaptures of what you've seen online and send those in as your entry. Be creative when making your original design.
5. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning.
To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: The submission kit is not downloading. I need help!
Q: What are the three "Additional Design Images" for?
A: One upload should be JUST the design itself so we can see it clearly. The other images, if you choose to upload them, can be other images of your design. Please remember that each design should be its OWN submission so don't use them to upload multiple designs.
Q: I'm having trouble uploading my images for my submission. What's going on?
A: Please make sure that each image is exactly 1000x1000px JPG, GIF or PNG and each image MUST be under 2MB.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: For most contests you can submit up to 10 designs unless otherwise stated.
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We recommend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: YES!! We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help us determine what the fans really want as winners! So please feel free to promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We will make every attempt to review submissions within 2 business days. Please know, if you’ve done any of the following we will not accept the design into the contest and you may not be notified.
- Your design has inappropriate materials or elements.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. No mash ups!
-You've used a design created by someone else as your own.
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email [email protected] detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize of Twelve Hundred Dollars ($1200.00) (the “Grand Prize”)
Judge Pick Prize: One (1) judge pick prize of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) (a "Judge Pick Prize", collectively the “Judge Pick Prize").
Guest Judge Pick Prize: One (1) Guest Judge Pick Prize of Three Hundred Dollars ($300)! (a “Guest Judge Pick Prize”, collectively the “Guest Judge Pick Prizes”
Runners-Up Prizes: Two (2) runner-up prize of Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) cash each! (each a "Runner-up Prize", collectively the "Runner-up Prizes").
Honorable Mention: Five (5) honorable mention prizes of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) cash each. (each an "Honorable Mention Prize", collectively the " Honorable Mention Prizes").